The terms VOLTE and LTE are so much around us, LTE is the 4th generation of data and voice communication technology.They sound so similar that their meanings and functionality is often confused with each other.Both LTE and VoLTE are completely different. LTE is a mobile network type. VoLTE is a software.The network providers and smartphone manufacturers use them for their marketing strategy and it remains one of the key features of the marketing strategy.In reality, the difference between VOLTE and LTE are not significant but they make a difference.LTE cannot be installed to the device through a software.It is a hardware-based thing. But VoLTE can be made available to your 4G device via OTA updates.Then, what LTE and VOLTE it actually stands for and what they do?
What is LTE?
LTE – Long term Evolution
LTE is a fourth generation mobile data and voice communication technology.It stands for Long Term Evolution, in short 4G and LTE synonyms.Theoretically, LTE supports 100 MBits of download and 50 MBits of upload speeds.LTE is considered as an upgrade to the GSM communication technology.LTE is the fastest data transfer technology available and operators around the globe are upgrading to adopt the LTE technology.
LTE (Long Term Evolution) supports only data transmission.You Just get Data Speeds at 4G speeds, calling is done at traditional 2G transmission medium.Moreover, you need to keep the data on during calls for making the free calls.Owing to this the call clarity drops and is not something with which people can adjust with.Continuous data transmission often results in faster battery drain of the device.Surprisingly, being the superior network it takes more time than 2G or 3G to connect calls.
LTE-Long Term Evolution
- Data Speed at 4G speed only.
- Calling is done at traditional medium.
- Practically, you need third party apps from the vendor for video calling e.g Skype, Whatsapp.
- Continuous internet data should be enabled for making free calls.
- Lesser battery life in Device.
- 10 Best Game Recording Software for Windows
- Mechanical Keyboard vs Membrane Keyboard: Which one is better?
- [SOLVED] Single Channel vs Dual Channel RAM: Which one is Better?
- RAM vs Graphics Card : Which Must Be Better and Powerful?
What is VOLTE?
VOLTE – Voice Over LTE
VOLTE is the upgraded and better technology to LTE.The changes on VOLTE over LTE are significant and makes a lot of difference.The major change was seen as that, the voice and data can be sent simultaneously without any drop in quality.In LTE network if the data is kept on during a call the voice clarity dips.Whereas, in VOLTE network the data need not be switched off during calls.VoLTE is the software which enables your phone’s dialer to place calls through the internet.
VOLTE – Voice Over LTE
- Internet Data and Voice call will be made on 4G Bandwidth.
- Data and Voice can be used simultaneously without a drop in quality.
- Video-Call can be placed without any third party software
- Call connection time on VOLTE is faster
- Free calls can be made with Data in off state.
- Data and battery are less drained.
What are the benefit of VOLTE over LTE?
- Voice clarity is superior in VOLTE network
- Data can be used simultaneously with Voice calls.
- Use of VOLTE saves battery and ensures better backup.
- Video calls can be placed without any third party apps.
- VOLTE can be enabled via OTA updates.
- Faster call connection time.
- Improved Connectivity and Coverage.
What is the difference between VOLTE and LTE?
Frequently Asked Question:
1.What is VOLTE in mobile?
VOLTE is a software in a mobile phone which works along 4G network.The VOLTE supports data and voice simultaneously.
2.What is the difference between 4G and 4G VOLTE?
4G is the 4th generation of the network often referred as LTE network.The main difference between 4G and 4G VOLTE are “Data can be used simultaneously with Voice calls in VOLTE network”.
3.Which one is better LTE or VOLTE?
Inclusion of VOLTE in a device will benefit the user in many ways-
- Voice clarity is crisp and clear in VOLTE network
- Data can be used during Voice calls.
- VOLTE saves battery thus better backup.
4.Can LTE be changed to VOLTE?
If your device does not support VOLTE initially, manufacturers can push an OTA update and VOLTE can be enabled.Your device must have LTE hardware.
I hope this article will help you with better understanding the ” difference between VOLTE and LTE “.Do drop your valuable comments.